Häfele interzum preview 2019
Digital networking in modern living worlds
Häfele will answer the exciting questions of our times at the interzum in Cologne. With digital networking, innovative furniture technology, and holistic solutions, the company is allowing visitors to the exhibition booth in Hall 7.1, C 040, to experience its own claim, “Thinking ahead”. It’s becoming evident how easily the smart world of furniture industry and joiners/cabinet makers can be implemented with the Häfele product range and the many new products.
“Smart furniture meets smart home” – what seemed more like a pie in the sky at interzum two years ago, the Häfele Connect technology makes now possible to do very simply in no time at all. The company provides proof of competence using the example of a micro-apartment, networked with smart components, and a kitchen with sophisticated lighting, controlled by a smartphone or tablet.
The Häfele booth will again be hosting a grand festival of innovations this year. On 1400 square meters of booth space, it will be a marketplace for the international creative exchange of thoughts and ideas. A visit is certainly worthwhile for furniture and kitchen manufacturers as well as joiners/cabinet makers, architects, planners, and project specialists.
Digital Breakfast to start the trade fair day
The highlight of each day of the trade fair starts with the “Digital Breakfast” at 9.30 am at the Häfele booth, offering a keynote speech on relevant topics about the future of the furniture industry. On Wednesday and Thursday, for example, Dr. David Bosshart, Director of the GDI Institute Zurich, will give a presentation on Digital Living and Micro Living or compact living, as well as the future of the furniture trade.
Present and future in motion
Anyone interested in new ideas will find them at the Häfele booth. Here, the future has already begun in many areas. The slogan is “Digital Living, we make it easy”. It describes, among other things, the new generation of the Loox LED lighting program. It is easier to plan, easier to install, easier to control, and lays the foundation for the new, smart product range. Under the umbrella of Häfele Connect, networking and control of smart Häfele products, including the connection to third-party systems, becomes a reality.
Nimbus, the latest member of the Häfele family, is part of the team as well. The LED lighting pioneer rounds off the product range and light expertise at Häfele with its sophisticated design and ground-breaking technology.
“We make it easy” is the central message to the furniture industry.
This includes excellent service with expertise about the entire process chain, from planning and production to logistics. A kitchen equipped with networked lighting allows experiencing it in real life. Alongside the smart micro-apartment, it will be the focus of a live show at the trade fair booth.
Furniture technology – A holistic view
In addition, there is plenty of furniture technology against the background of a holistic view, using the example of three kitchens as well as living and sleeping worlds, equipped with the latest products. At five live stations, visitors can experience the power of the new products themselves: the Easiness furniture connectors for completely tool-free furniture assembly, the new generation of flap fittings, the new Häfele handle collection with a Red Dot Award winner, the brand new Häfele wire products range, all of the Häfele expertise in furniture sliding solutions and much more – a veritable firework of innovations.
Product highlights on the Häfele booth
At Häfele, there are many innovations around the smart networking of modern living worlds, LED lighting and sound, furniture connectors, wardrobe and cabinet systems, sliding solutions, and flaps.
Amongst many other topics, the major topics in the innovation area revolve around:
- The fifth generation of the revised Häfele Loox LED lighting product range. It presents itself as a completely reinvented system. Easy, linear, logical – that’s the essence of four generations of successfully developed and marketed LED technology. Häfele Loox meets the increasing demands for lighting in furniture and rooms just as well as the growing need for networking and digitalisation and maximum simplicity and flexibility. Loox offers new, surprising possibilities for digital networking via the Häfele Connect app, including the connection to third-party systems.
- The designer lights by Nimbus, the LED lighting pioneer and new member of the Häfele family.
- The sensational innovation in the Free flap product range by Häfele: an innovative, extremely small, and at the same time extremely powerful flap fitting. With its compact design, it creates more storage space in furniture than any other popular models in its class.
- The latest developments in the Häfele Ixconnect furniture connector product range, which for the first time allows for the completely tool-free assembly of entire furniture cabinets and can be integrated into any standardised production process without conversion.
- The extended Häfele Matrix drawer program. It offers the optimum solution for every application. The furnishings of the exhibits at the exhibition booth demonstrate the entire range of possibilities, from the functional entry-level model to the high-end system solution
- The DressCode cabinet organizer system, in a single design language and from one source. It allows upgrading wardrobes as appropriate to the segment. The system is available internationally. All elements can be assembled and disassembled without requiring tools. This reduces assembly time by 50% compared to screwed connections. The award-winning connector is at the heart of this system for wardrobes and shelves.
- The ingenious Häfele Axilo plinth adjusting fitting system – the extended arm for levelling cabinets, has recently won the Red Dot Award.
- Officys table bases. They are now also available in the trendy colour graphite black, for a modern ambience in traditional offices, for shared spaces, and coworking areas. The Häfele Officys TE 651 table base with electrical height adjustment will be shown at the exhibition booth.
- Innovative Häfele caravan fittings. They will be shown in a caravan replica at the exhibition booth. This comprehensive product range is rounded off with lights from the Loox LED product range and charging stations for smartphones and co.
In addition to the exhibition booth, Häfele will be present at two special shows. In the “Tiny Spaces” special area, there is a small house on wheels, Micro-Living mobile so to speak, full of smart solutions from the hardware specialist.
In addition, Häfele is involved as the initiator of a workshop of the future with young and creative people from a wide range of disciplines. In the special area in Hall 10/11, these young people will present their view on digital living of the future.
The Häfele trade fair team is keen to see the reaction of its partners and is looking forward to intensive and inspiring technical discussions at its innovative market place at the interzum in Cologne.
Further information is available from
Häfele GmbH & Co KG, Postfach 1237 D-72192 Nagold,
Tel.: +49 7452 95-0, Fax: +49 7452 95-200, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org